The new Cultural Leadership Board will link up organisations and residents across the West Midlands to capture and drive forward the opportunities being created by our regional cultural renaissance. Culture and creative are critical, rapidly-growing parts of our economy. They not only define what a place is like to live in, they drive innovation and future jobs, and should do so for everyone. The Board aims to maximise and enhance culture’s contribution to this young and diverse region and ensure all groups are empowered to lead, create and participate in cultural activities.
To kick-start this initiative, Martin Sutherland, Chief Executive of Coventry City of Culture, has been appointed as the inaugural Chair. To hear more from Martin about what we want to do click here.
The Cultural Leadership Board has been set up to:
- Maximise the contribution of culture to deliver clean and inclusive growth in the region
- Encourage an accessible, sustainable, entrepreneurial and diverse cultural sector
- Support collaboration to enhance effectiveness and efficiency
- Explore the potential for new approaches to funding.
Martin is now seeking expressions of interest an open basis from the following two groups:
- Local residents from across the region, particularly from less well served groups such as young people; and
- Representatives from cultural organisations specialising in strategy, delivery and funding.
They will be supported by:
- Experts who are delivering on the WMCA’s key priorities, including health and wellbeing, inclusive growth, inward investment, regeneration and transport; and
- Local authorities.
Anyone who would like to join the Cultural Leadership Board should fill in this expression of interest form. The deadline for applications is 30th August 2019.