Innovate UK's Funded Global Business Innovation Programme Focus on Surface & Underwater Marine Robotics systems & technologies to Canada
About this Event
Innovate UK’s Global Business Innovation Programme (GBIP), delivered by Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), is recruiting up to 15 ambitious innovative SMEs with emerging Surface & Underwater Marine Robotics systems & technologies.
As a successful applicant, you will benefit from an exclusive 12-month tailored wrap-around support programme delivered by a dedicated EEN Advisor, aimed at building innovation partnerships and fostering future international growth. The GBIP will kick-off with a preparation phase to establish your key objectives and provide essential tools and information before the first visit.
During the programme, there will be two Innovation Visits to Canada (subject to travel and other restrictions) taking place in November 2020 and June 2021. Each will consist of tailored site visits, introductions to key players, and exclusive networking opportunities with like-minded Canadian businesses. In June 2021, you will benefit from a high-profile presence at the H2O: Home to Overseas Conference, Industry Showcase and Exhibition, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Between visits to Canada, you will get to meet with leading-edge industrial and research organisations at International B2B Matchmaking Events running in parallel to Oceanology International 2020 in London and Ocean Business 2021 in Southampton.
Canada has become a world leader in engineering products and services suited to extreme harsh ocean environments, marine remote sensing technologies, and ocean observing systems. More than half of Canada’s $30-billion ocean economy is anchored in Atlantic Canada, including the key province of Nova Scotia. Companies here benefit from the strong synergy between the private sector, academia and government in the region, which has contributed to the growth of a robust ocean technology sector. Companies in the sector have a broad range of marine robotics systems, technologies and expertise suited to both surface and underwater vehicle applications.
With high-level commitments by the UK and Canada to cooperate in technology and innovation, supported by collaborative project funding through the EUREKA programme and Eurostars, this GBIP will offer you unparalleled opportunities for innovation and international growth.
FOCUS AREAS: This programme is aimed at Marine and Offshore Robotics sectors and is particularly relevant for businesses in the areas of Surface & Underwater Marine Robotics systems & technologies.
KEY TOPICS including, but not limited to:
• Guidance, Navigation & Control
• Actuation & Sensing Systems
• Manipulation & Interaction
• Mission Planning & Control
• Cooperative Control
• Multi-Vehicle Networking & Coordination
• Persistent Monitoring
• Long Endurance
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
• Explore innovation opportunities in Canada in the areas of Surface & Underwater Marine Robotics systems & technologies
• Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Canada
• Find potential innovation collaborators and partners and develop your network in the UK and globally
• Improve your company value proposition to international partners and investors
The Global Business Innovation Programme brings together cohorts of up to 15 ambitious innovative UK SMEs looking to grow and scale globally. Each programme focuses on a specific country and technology or sector area and enables the businesses to build collaborations and partnerships and explore innovation opportunities.
The programme is structured around three main phases and each business will have a designated Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) Advisor to support them for the duration of the programme, including developing an action plan to capitalise on the opportunities identified. The three main phases of the programme are:
• Getting ready for the market: Pre-Visit Briefing Workshops to build knowledge and understanding of the market and potential opportunities, including how to do business in Canada, cultural aspects, how to protect your IP, and training on how to improve your pitch and articulate your value proposition.
• Visiting the market: Two organised visits to Canada (subject to travel and other restrictions), each consisting of a tailored programme of activities including participation at the H2O: Home to Overseas Conference, Industry Showcase and Exhibition with opportunities to meet Canadian and international R & D collaboration partners and develop project ideas through strategic and targeted sessions and pre-arranged B2B meetings. Exclusive access to the Canadian market with introductions to high level contacts, key networks, and company visits.
• Exploiting the opportunity: Participation in International B2B Matchmaking Events at the H2O: Home to Overseas Conference, Industry Showcase and Exhibition in Canada and at the UK’s Oceanology International 2020 and Ocean Business 2021 events, Post Visit Exploitation Workshops and one-to-one tailored support from an EEN Advisor to build relationships with Canadian and international partners and exploit international funding opportunities.
Closing date for full application: 03 August 2020 12:00 noon
Successful applicants will be notified of selection by no later than 21 August 2020
Pre-Visit Briefing Workshop: 30 September 2020
Innovation Visit to Canada: 02 – 06 November 2020
Oceanology International 2020 with B2B matchmaking, Excel London: 01 – 03 December 2020
Post Visit Exploitation Workshop: 27 January 2021
Ocean Business 2021 with B2B matchmaking, Southampton: 13 – 15 April 2021
Pre-Visit Briefing Workshop: 05 May 2021
Innovation Visit to Canada: 06 – 11 June 2021
Post Visit Exploitation Workshop: 14 July 2021
Innovate UK and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) will organise and fund flights, hotels, and in-country logistics for participants on the Innovation Visits to Canada. Support will be available for selected participants to attend Oceanology International 2020 from 01 – 03 December 2020, Excel London and Ocean Business 2021 from 13 – 15 April 2021, Southampton. On acceptance to the programme, a commitment fee of £500 will be obtained from each successful company which will be refunded upon completion of the programme. The named applicant must engage in all aspects of the programme. Non-attendance or non-compliance with any part of the programme after formal acceptance may result in forfeiture of some or all of the fee.
To participate in this programme your business must be an SME and established in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by clicking the Register button above and completing the required details. The email confirmation from Eventbrite will contain a link to the application form. You will need to scroll down the email to find the link. The application form must be completed and submitted by 12:00 noon on Monday 03 August 2020. It is a competitive process and successful applicants will be notified of selection by no later than 21 August 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Enterprise Europe Network team: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a joint programme offered through Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) and funded by Innovate UK. Your data will be shared with them for the purpose(s) of programme delivery and management. Their personal information charter can be found here.