Open to Change
- Our local High Streets are ready and waiting to welcome you back with (socially distanced) open arms. Many shops have used the lockdown time to adapt and come up with fresh product lines, spruce up their shops, or develop new delivery services.
- You can experience most of your local shops ‘virtually’ so you can seek them out and support them even if you would prefer to shop from your sofa.
Open for Good
- When you buy from a local business you are supporting their suppliers their staff and their families. If every person in Warwickshire spent just £5 per week in the county, this would be worth circa £122million annually to the local economy, so a little really does go a long way.
Tips for shopping safely
- Keep to the government guidelines at all times including social distancing and handwashing.
- Plan your journey – cycle or walk if you can – better for your health and the environment – a win-win!
- Parking – if you need to drive, try to park further out.
- Be patient – leave lots of time to get about and be mindful of those around you.
- No shortcuts – it may be tempting to reach in front of someone if they have spent too long pondering which shade of paint would look best on their lounge wall but try to resist.
- Minimise contact with surfaces – use contactless and resist the urge to squidge the fluffy cushions on the homewares section if you aren’t going to buy it!
- Be kind – every shop is different so it may take a little time to get things right.
- Support your high street online – many of your local businesses now offer delivery and click’n’collect. Make a conscious effort to research them or ask around for recommendations.
Moving around towns safely
- We are working with our partners at the Districts, Boroughs and BIDs to get measures into place which will help you and the businesses to get around safely.
- Moving around towns safely - more information
Find out about how you can support the businesses in your local area here: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/buyeatlocal