Have you ever worried about how you can keep the magic in your business as your team grows? Have you ever thought you needed to ‘sort out your HR’ but then it went to the bottom of your list because it sounded boring? It’s time to focus on throwing away the rule book:
• Everyday: Culture is what happens every day, not the one day you decide to focus on it
• Keep it real: Everyone has a difficult conversation that they’ve been putting off having but ignoring it doesn’t make it go away so be prepared to ‘bring out your dead’ at the session
• Love my job: Would your team say this if they were down the pub with their friends?
• The future is now: Have you got the team you need to grow your business?
• Flex appeal: Working 9-5 is so last century and flexible working is no longer a perk
• What’s being said (when you’re not around) is your real reputation
• Smooth operations: If you find your HR policies boring, everyone else will
This isn’t rocket science but so many leaders are not using these simple principles so why don’t you get ahead of the competition?
The event is aimed at business owners and managers of teams often think that HR is boring or bureaucratic and try to avoid it for as long as they possibly can. This session will show them another way of leading their teams to grow their business. This will be an informal session where we'll use question cards and conversations to share challenges around managing people and how to solve these. Attendees will come away with simple techniques to help them and an action plan for tackling their top HR challenges.
13:30 Refreshments & networking
14:00 Session starts
16:00 Session ends
Sarah Tomson - Director & HR Consultant at Sarah Tomson Associates.
Sarah is passionate about throwing away the rule book that gets in the way of being a modern business owner. She believes that by keeping it real and having good conversations, leaders can build teams to boost the growth of their business.
She has seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly in her 18-year corporate HR career and is now on a mission to change the perception of HR with SMEs.