SME development and implementation of BIM and Digital Construction Technologies from a base level for business and financial models.
About this Event
This research collaboration introductory kick off meeting will bring together SMEs and Large Enterprises to discuss the latest trends and news from the BIM world. This will help SMEs in developing their BIM processes and protocols with the assistance from industry experts with case studies and Academic professionals from Coventry University’s School of Built and Natural Environment. The research collaboration will run for 12 months with regular seminars, workshops and roundtable discussions.
Free to join!
Aims and objectives
The objective of the project is to understand SME requirements and support the implementation of BIM and Digital Construction Technologies from a base level for business and financial models. Aims include:
1. Investigate the challenges and business opportunities relating to Digital Technologies for SME’s in Coventry and Warwickshire;
2. Design and deliver round table discussions and seminar series on digital construction standard and policies;
3. Design and deliver roundtable discussions and seminars on digital technologies and tools for building life cycle management;
4. Identify and disseminate local, national and international innovation funding for SME
5. Support SME’s in the development and implementation of business and financial models relating to Digital Construction technologies;
Outputs of the collaboration
The main output of the project aims to develop the BIM implementation for SME’s with their current workflows and optimising their current processes in terms of information management.
This workshop is funded by ERDF Green Business Programme, delivered by Coventry University and CUE Business Solutions and as such only SMEs based in Coventry and Warwickshire are able to attend. Eligibility will be verified when completing registration details.
SMEs who attend may also be able to access grant assistance from delivery partners to fund the costs of software licensing and certification.
Please note due to high demand, we will be limiting attendance to two staff from each business.